Becoming a Member of the Authors Guild of Tennessee
We are an association of Tennessee authors working together to provide support, education, marketing, and community for authors in East Tennessee. To be accepted for membership you must submit the online application on this website and, if requested, send a published book or a completed draft of a book to the Membership/Vetting Committee. The committee will determine if your submission adheres to industry standards and if you are accepted as a new member. Please read the requirements below to determine if the Authors Guild of Tennessee is right for you, and you can meet the requirements of membership.
- Must be a resident of Tennessee.
- Upon acceptance, must initially pay prorated annual dues which are currently $30 per year and then recurring dues annually prior to the new year.
- It is expected that each member read another member’s book monthly and provide a review on book seller sites such as Amazon and Goodreads. These books will be freely available via the AGT library.
- Must assist in marketing all AGT authors’ books.
- Must contribute to AGT by serving on at least one committee, attend monthly meetings, and participate in book-marketing events.
The Membership/Vetting Committee will review the application and request a published book, or a sample from your book-in-process to evaluate. If the Committee recommends the applicant, they will be invited to join the Authors Guild of Tennessee.
To stay in good standing with AGT, a member should follow the above criteria, conform to AGT’s Constitution, By-Laws, Policies and Procedures, and pay their dues on time.